Over the last few weeks it feels as though we have had a deluge of news from Mythic about Warhammer Online. There have been lots of articles on Massively and tentonhammer, we’ve seen stories and interviews in PC Gamer, the forums have been buzzing with reports from people who have seen the game demonstrated at Games Days (most recently Toronto), and of course the blogs have been analysing and responding!
So what’s left for them to tell us? Here’s a roundup of the main things we still don’t know about the game, so expect announcements on any of these topics to be met with the usual feeding frenzy!
[Feel free to add to the list in comments and we can try and keep it revised!]
- When will they drop the NDA?
- When is the guild beta?
- When is the ‘open’ beta?
- When is launch?
- News on classes which haven’t been demonstrated yet at Games Days, particularly melee dps
- Which classes will be single gender? White Lions? WIll they change their minds on Chaos Chosen?
- (Syp) skill lists, full mastery trees
- News on cities we haven’t seen yet
- News on new zones
- More information on PvE and dungeons/instances
- How much is left to do?
- (Syp) Living city ranks and rewards
- What server types are planned for launch?
- Server names (this will probably be as the pre-launch happens)
- Will there be a pre-order scheme for the non-CE version?
- How much will it be to play?
- Will there be family accounts?
- How well does large scale PvP actually play?
- Will the game have Team Leads like DAoC (and will Europe have their own)?
- Hardware requirements (what hardware will you need to run the game)?
- (Syp) Guild ranks (and rewards)
- (Syp) Renown ranks (and rewards)
- (Malavar) Game lighting
- (Unwise) Faction balance (specifics)
- (CoS) More about the Tome of Knowledge
- What happens when higher levels group with lower levels?