So, how are they doing? We don’t say too many negative things here because we’re genuinely not suffering many of the problems reported.
- I’d say they could still be a little more speedy on communication – but it’s a lot better than it was.
- Still can’t add our payment details to our account (would rather have this work than be put up too early however). It’s due up today, so hopefully once this is posted, we can cross this one up straight away!
- Still no realm war page, Magnus said once again, it’s coming this week – hopefully
- No sign of Iain C anywhere. Very disappointing all round, if he’s still there, we’d like to hear from him
- Queues – the server cloning didn’t really work even though players asked for them they didn’t want to move for fear of empty servers, it seems (based on my reading, since we’re not on that fully populated a server). Not GOA’s fault entirely – they provided clones when asked, but maybe if it had been a little quicker and people were moving lower levelled characters it might have been different
- Lag issues, there’s an 8-page thread over at Freddyshouse about lag problems across many servers, sometimes just in scenarios, sometimes elsewhere – seems a few different issues, but it’s in people’s minds
- No server status page – can’t be hard to introduce, very useful after patch downtime or if you crash to see if everyone else did (it’s on Magnus’ list for the realm war page – as a ‘to follow’)
- GOA have invented their own time system (and read the next few posts in the thread), luckily everyone’s kept amused by it
- Our guild and ourselves have had pretty good responses from CSRs and techical support, but not sure how universal that is
Anything else you have to add if you play in Europe? It’s good sometime to focus on both the good and bad, so we’re more than happy to get stories of what GOA’s done well and what you think they could improve so we can keep an eye on it.