Posted on April 27, 2009 by arbitrary
I’ve been remiss in my linking. I know that, this blog hasn’t always been at the forefront of my mind. But I do still read up everything people are contributing about WAR, and the various forums, and for that reason my WCPI contribution for this ‘period’ can only be Warhammer Alliance.
I’ve had some issues with Warhammer Alliance in the past, I don’t think we need to go into those. But, the site has truly become a fan haven, and has gone from strength to strength in terms of community involvement, and producing original content that truly worth reading. It’s become an information hub more than a series of forums. And its front page is now one of my primary stops on the net, and I read all the articles before I even consider heading to the forums.
Filed under: WCPI | Tagged: articles, Forums, information hub, warhammer alliance, warhammer online, WCPI | Leave a comment »
Posted on April 7, 2009 by arbitrary
This week I’m going to do a quieter shout-out, concentrating only on one site – Breakfast at WAR. It has a humour to it, multiple authors and really good articles that everyone should have in their feed readers.
Recently, Omelettez has given us an interesting perspective on being a female gamer – one I share in many respects, though I’m struggling with a few of my own demons right now!
And, as if to scratch another of my itches, Pancakez, the same week, has written a post that compares healers in WAR and makes me think about my class choices, before I remember which one I enjoy playing more…
So go, read it!
Filed under: blogs, WCPI | Tagged: blogs, breakfast at war, WCPI | 1 Comment »
Posted on March 30, 2009 by arbitrary
Tune in tomorrow for the BoGgy Awards (have to pin down Spinks to get her suggestions too, since it’s still strictly a joint blog). But before that, here’s some of what’s been keeping me quiet over the last few days of reflection:
- Tome of Knowledge saves me time by summarising the March Newsletter
- Syncaine at Hardcore Casual talks about WoW’s 11 million and when they go on holiday
- Werit pimped GirlIRL’s piece on daily quests that I was going to talk about, but adds some extra thoughts of his own, so I win and get to link to both of them!
- Gaarawarr considers space trouble in WAR. I’m not a hoarder, I bin way too much, but I appreciate the problem of fixed storage. Give us saddle bags!!
- Tufmudda manages to pinpoint some of the problems I’m having with WAR at the moment, except he says they’re all his problems… interesting
- And finally, Bootae posted an awesome challenge to pimp your character and post a screenshot. I wanted to do this, but I’ve been waaaay too lazy
About the WAR Community Promotion Initiative:
The WAR Community Promotion Initiative, or WCPI for short, is a player-wide effort for WAR fansites, blogs, forums, and other WAR community efforts to cross-promote and expose content to everyone who visits them. Members of the WCPI regularly promote each other through links, spotlights, and other features. If you have a WAR site and you’d like to join, check out the WCPI thread or PM PhoenixRed on the Warhammer Alliance forums.
Filed under: blogs, community, forums, WCPI | Tagged: blogs, links, warhammer online, WCPI | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 20, 2009 by arbitrary
…and Regis has posted the log of it. I had a quick look through and there was quite a wide range of questions, but I don’t think anything truly revelatory. I was a bit upset at the concept of introducing arenas though, even if it never happens, I’m not sure I wanted it discussed!
Anyway, go read!
Filed under: blogs, GOA, Mythic | Tagged: dev chat, WCPI | Leave a comment »
Posted on March 19, 2009 by arbitrary
While I’ve been away I’ve been frantically collecting links, and now it’s time to give them some freedom from their little cages. But not before I’ve mentioned that EU forums are now live (and fairly ugly), and there’s a dev IRC chat tonight (which I can’t make, of course!). But before I get into those in more details, here’s what’s been catching my attention over the last week.
- The Homunculus explains how to give someone else the bag from a PQ… I really hope it’s not a bug, because this is awesome (and I love the post title too)
- Pancakez over at Breakfast at WAR illustrates circle strafing with some moving dots. Really, it’s a post you have to go see for yourself. The dots remind me of my Slayer buddies (always moving, kind of little…)
- Thulf experimented with posing as a quest giver for 40 mins, giving out quest rewards and everything. I should do this. His experiences made me smile and it was a great idea.
- Zoso told us all about the Inevitable City (as an invader) and considering I know he was there again last night, I thought I should highlight this interesting post. I’ve yet to go and experience the City Siege, I have to say Mourkain Temple was more of a pull last night…
- Gaarawarr has taken a look at the Order welcome back quests, and produced a guide to them that nudged me into checking them out, so hopefully it can do the same for you.
- And, lastly Tufmudda has produced his recipe and timing for cooking a chicken while fighting in the Lost Vale – the challenge is now out there for you to post your own recipes that use in-game timing!
As you can see, I’m still a little behind on my reading, but catching up by the day! Idris the Warrior Priest is now at rank 16 (nearly 17) and stomping through Barak Varr with a giant hammer playing whack-a-mob. And as always, gaming is now taking precedence over blogging.
Filed under: blogs, community, forums, guide, links, WCPI | Tagged: blogs, community, links, warhammer online, WCPI | 2 Comments »
Posted on March 6, 2009 by arbitrary
I’ve made no secret of the fact I don’t have a lot of time at the moment, but I have been able to flick through my feed reader and bring you the following links that I’ve found both interesting and useful.
- Blame the Healer gives thumbs-up and down to patch 1.2. Also, an awesome summary of crowd control.
- Knights of the Feathered Hat explains to me what I should do with the 8 glyph-covered map pieces I got yesterday while wandering around Praag killing Choppas.
- Ghazghkull is giving more of an overview of the Bitter Rivals event, with daily tasks listed. I’m already quite behind!
- Thulf, over at Stunty Stomper, clarifies some of the GOA/Mythic stuff, including pointing out that we’re going to get dev chats on the Euro side, to make up somewhat for the lesser access to devs on a daily basis. I like LotRO dev chats, so I’m looking forward to adding some questions to the mix.
- The Captain’s Blog has a great piece by the blogger’s fiancee, a non-gamer (*gasp*)!
- Green Armadillo, over at Player vs Developer has a really interesting article about Warhammer Online from a non-player’s perspective.
Enjoy! I know I did.
Filed under: links, WCPI | Tagged: blogs, community, links, WCPI | 1 Comment »
Posted on March 1, 2009 by arbitrary
PhoenixRed has done us proud, and in the spirit of the WCPI, I want to bring attention to his post over at Warhammer Alliance. The article touches on the history of GOA and Mythic working together on Warhammer Online, when Mythic have made changes and GOA haven’t been able to do much except play catch-up and opens up a dialogue with WHA readers about the whole EU/US split. Now, you know this has been on our minds since the game first opened, and we’ve certainly not been shy about how we feel about it. But it’s nice to see it brought to a wider audience. So I fully suggest going to read it and commenting, so everyone can gauge the importance of this to those of us in Europe.
Another post that caught my attention recently was over at CDN Dragoon, and takes a moment to sit back and examine the game, and to list pros and cons. It’s a worthwhile exercise we should all really carry out. Better to whine as well as recognising the good things about the game than just sit and criticise.
You have till monday night to join Bugman’s starting-over group over at Karak-Hirn (EU). I’m tempted, but I suck at commitment and I’ve promised my time to a couple of psycho Slayers!!
About the WAR Community Promotion Initiative
The WAR Community Promotion Initiative, or WCPI for short, is a player-wide effort for WAR fansites, blogs, forums, and other WAR community efforts to cross-promote and expose content to everyone who visits them. Members of the WCPI regularly promote each other on a regular basis through links, spotlights, and other features. If you have a WAR site and you’d like to join, check out the WCPI thread or PM PhoenixRed over at Warhammer Alliance.
Filed under: community, forums, GOA, Mythic | Tagged: GOA, warhammer alliance, warhammer online, WCPI | Leave a comment »